The Intra-Oral Dental Assisting program is a 47-week diploma program, approved as a vocational program ,.which meets the requirements of H.A.R.P. (Healing Arts Radiating Protection Act), allowing the graduate to take x-rays.
This course includes a 4-week student practicum during the second semester. Upon successful completion of the Intra-Oral Dental Assisting program, the graduate is eligible to write the NDAEB Exam. The success rate of our students is consistent with the National average.
This is a full-time program. The student will attend a Clinic Theory class to practice their hands-on skills, such as oral evacuation, instrument transfer, rubber dam application, practical radiography, pit and fissure sealant application, coronal polishing, etc.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Dental Records
- Clinical Theory
- Dental Office Procedures
- Dental Science
- Infection Control
- Pharmacology and Dental Emergencies
- Preventive Dentistry and Nutrition
- Radiography (course meets all H.A.R.P. requirements)
- CPR and Standard First Aid
- Placement Internship (see details below)
Ontario Secondary Diploma (grade 12) or equivalent is needed along with demonstrated English proficiency, communication and comprehension skills.
The internship consists of a four-week internship in a dental office in the last semester of the program upon successful completion of all theory requirements.
Area employers that hire our graduates include:
- Any General Hospital .
- Any dental Centre care .
As a Graduate of the Intra-Oral Dental Assisting Program....
- Employment opportunities are numerous
- The majority of positions exist in general practice and specialty offices (orthodontic, periodontic, pedodontic, endodontic and prosthodontic)
- Job opportunities present in regional public health departments
- Alternative career options include dental sales representatives, teaching, dental clinics and labs
An Intra-Oral Dental Assisting Career Is For You If You...
- Enjoy working with the public
- Have excellent manual dexterity
- Are able to prioritize and organize your work
- Are a team player